Pastor Cho's Sermon Outline - Yoido Full Gospel Church - Seoul, Korea
Exodus 12:1 ~ 12:14
God commanded Moses to take the Israelites from Egypt and return to the land of Canaan, the land God had given to Abraham, 430 years after Joseph, who was the Governor of Egypt at that time, called his brothers from the land of Canaan to Egypt to reside in a fertile land of Goshen. At the last night before the Israelites leaving Egypt, God commanded them to keep the Passover as a nation. Before departure, they were to take a lamb for his family, one for each household, take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses, and to eat the meat roasted over the fire.
1. Israel given freedom and liberation
1) For 430 years, the Israelites served as slaved under the power and authority of the Egyptian King.
2) The angel of death passed if the blood of Passover was put on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses. Therefore, the Passover was the day for the Israelites' freedom and liberation.
2. Jesus who is the Passover lamb
1) Jesus was likened to the Passover Lamb. Believing in the precious blood of the Cross and putting it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the heart make the forces of death go away giving us the everlasting life.
2) Jesus Christ, the Passover lamb, is the celebration of the humankind, who became a servant to the Devil after Adam, receiving freedom and liberation after trampling and overcoming the army, power and authority of the Devil.
3) We ought to be joyful and joyful as we have become the people and citizen of the kingdom of Christ receiving the grace of freedom and liberation from the Devil and death by faith free of charge.
4) Without shedding the blood, no religion, training, or system can save human beings.
3. The meat of the lamb eaten, roasted over the fire
1) To gain physical strength in preparation for a long journey and to be liberated from the punishments visited upon them after Adam
2) Jesus went through the pain as if His body was burning in the fire of the hell. He was abandoned by God, the crowd, and even His own disciples.
3) The punishment lifted from us because of Jesus
① Physical and mental illnesses
② Being reconciled with God and having peace of mind
③ Being freed from poverty and curses, inheriting the blessings of Abraham and prosperity.
④ Being liberated from the fear of death
⑤ Hopes for everlasting blessings
4. Dream a promising Canaan
- The dreams and fantasies of the blessed land of Canaan and the desert surrounding it
1) Hold onto the dreams and fantasies about the land of Canaan where milk and honey flow with hopes
2) With faith and obedience
3) Be strong and courageous
We should not expect to lead a life without any suffering while living on earth. Despite all sorts of sufferings, we ought to overcome them and win the blessed land to enjoy the grace. The Bible says, " From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it."
Copyright David Cho Evangelistic Mission. All Rights Reserved.
Tel. (82-2) 761-6197 / Fax. (82-2) 761-9156